Urban Village Bars (The Freemount)
Oldham St, Manchester
Recom Solutions undertook the main contracting of the refurbishment of an Existing Bar on Tibb street in Manchester Northern Quarter. The fit out entailed a full refurbishment and basement conversion including a host of structural works in the building.
The existing layout of the bar was completely altered with internal load bearing stair cores needing to be removed and relocated within the building, floors were removed within the build to enable double height space within areas.
The complete refurbishment included
The new fit out included:
- Mechanical and Electrical Design
- Architectural design
- Structural design
- Rip Out works of the existing bar
- Full Mechanical and Electrical works
- Acoustic floor installing including new wearing screed throughout
- Full Mechanical and Electrical works including plantroom
- Bespoke bar construction
- Basement conversions to enable toilet install
- New Stainless-Steel Kitchen Install
- Bespoke Furniture manufacture and Install
- Handover and Commissioning
Key issues, managed by Recom Solutions:
- Fast Paced Programme – Project was delivered in only 12 weeks from strip out to handover to enable the opening for Pre-Christmas to meet the Clients business expectations.
- Full new layout redesign resulting in full structural loading alterations. Steel install and propping alternations
- Terrace area extension
- New staircase installed through an existing floor space.
- 24,000 man hours were completed during the build to ensure this was completed on time in some cases working 7 days a week and double shifts to complete in the requested time frame.
- Stakeholder Liaison – Recom Solutions held weekly meeting with the client to ensure the successful handover of the project Pre-Christmas. Finishing schedules were delivered throughout the project to ensure the clients expectations were adhered to.
- Coordination meetings with the brewery to ensure their expectations were met
Manchester M4 1EB