Timpsons – New Training Facility
Recom Solutions undertook the Project Management of the new Training Facility in Wythenshawe, appointed at RIBA Stage 1. The various fit out projects undertaken were completed within a live office environment, which presented unique logistical issues throughout the builds.
Recom undertook refurbishment of the main office reception, IT space and warehouse staff offices.
The complete refurbishment included:
- Mechanical and Electrical Design
- Full Design Management
- Full Mechanical and Electrical works
- Drylining and ceilings
- IT installations
- Decoration and wall finishes
- Flooring finishes throughout
- Joinery – Glulam Structure
- Kitchen installation
- Bespoke Furniture manufacture and install
- Handover and Commissioning
Key issues, managed by Recom Solutions:
- Programme and Sequencing – Detailed design management and procurement to ensure the build was delivered in accordance with a tight budget.
- Stakeholder Liaison – Recom Solutions held daily meetings with the client to ensure the successful handover of the project whilst working in a live, sensitive environment.
- Design development was required throughout the project, due to limited information provided by the Client.
- Noisy and disruptive works were programmed out of office hours to limit disruption to Timpsons staff.
Wythenshawe M23 9TT