Barry’s Bootcamp – Canary Wharf
Recom Solutions undertook the main contracting of Barry’s Bootcamp located within the prestigious Cross Rail building in the heart of Canary Wharf.
This high end fit out, situated in one of the development’s basement units, proved to be a challenging project. The main reason for this was a tight upfront programme that was agreed with the Client to ensure their opening date of late January was achieved, despite late handover of the unit to Recom Solutions.
The new fit out of the included:
- Demolition of the existing retail unit
- Mechanical and Electrical design
- Acoustic wall and ceiling construction (80db+)
- Acoustic floor installing including new wearing Screed throughout
- Full Mechanical and Electrical works including plant room
- Full sprinkler system installation
- Resin flooring
- Venetian plastering
- 18 No. New showers and doors
- 380m2 of tiling
- New stainless-steel kitchen installs
- Bespoke furniture manufacture and install
- Handover and Commissioning
Key issues, managed by Recom Solutions:
- Programme – Project was delivered in only 10 weeks from Recom Solutions receiving the unit. A day to day programme was delivered from the off set, being stringently followed and coordinated on a daily basis with all sub-contractors.
- Pre-construction lead times were secured before commencement to ensure materials were delivered on programme ready for install.
- 18,000 man hours were completed during the build to ensure this was completed on time in some cases working 7 days a week and double shift to complete in the time frame.
- Stakeholder Liaison – Recom Solutions had early engagement with the landlord Project Management company that look after the live retail centre. Pre-construction and weekly meetings were held with them to ensure smooth construction from start to finish. Just in time deliveries to 1hour slots were managed throughout the build, with permits being required for each delivery to allow access into Canary Wharf.
- Full commissioning certification was handed to the landlord through their own Building Control company to verify the Build on completion.